Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The larvae has become....

A Butterfly:)

I am finished with my Butterfly. Yeah!! I need to find something better to wear underneath it, but I was determined to wear it today. Thank you so much Wannietta again for starting the knit-a-long or else I am sure that I wouldn't have started yet. I kept looking in the mirror at the butterfly all day because I was so excited to be done.

A couple thoughts regarding the pattern....

- I think next time I would try using a non-mohair laceweight yarn

- I shortened the straps a bit, and they still seem a little long.

- This sucker does stretch like crazy. I knit the x-small using size 6 needles, and it still fit OK, although it is slightly snug.

- I only used 1 1/2 balls of Rowan Kidsilk Haze.

- I am not sure how much the beads really add to it, so I think that I would do without the beads next time.

I will post an additional pic tomorrow. Ann Marie