Sunday, September 17, 2006

The Swatch

I very nearly forgot to knit on Butterfly yesterday, but I remembered in time! Here is my swatch. I'm not sure that the beads are making a significant impact. Perhaps a different colour? I can find more at the CSNF next month, or I can leave them out altogether. I had to go down to 4mm needles. I'm usually a tight knitter but with lacy projects I seem to loosen up. That and this yarn (Alchemy Haiku) is a bit thinner than KSH.


I also need to pay some extra attention to knitting the whole yarn, not just the fluff.
I think this happened because I'm using needles with a fairly pointy tip. I will have to pay more attention to this when I'm knitting the real thing.

I've also decided that I'm going to knit this in the round. Not my favourite technique, but I think that it will be better than having to seam this stuff. I will probably splurge for the new Lantern Moon circulars - I've had a hankering to try them out and this would be the perfect project.
I wrote a bit longer of a post on my blog, including some pics of the beadspinner if you want to read some more.